Beginner Sweater Class: October 8, 22, November 5, 19
Shipping calculated at checkout.
A 4-Part Project-Based Workshop for Adults
We will be making the First Raglan Sweater by Brooklyn Tweed, which is worked in the round, with no seams or assembly required. And even better, its top-down construction means you can try it on as you go to ensure it fits just right. The downloadable companion offers even more options to enrich your sweater shape, like a slimmer sleeve and body shaping to suit your preferred style. Mix and match design elements to create your perfect first sweater.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
- First Raglan Sweater by Brooklyn Tweed $5 on Ravelry https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/first-raglan-sweater
- Worsted weight yarn
- 16" and 32" US 7 main circular needles for Body; 16" and 32" US 5 circular needles for Ribbing (2 to 3 sizes smaller than main) - or size needed to obtain gauge
- Double pointed needles (DPNs)in same size as ribbing needle (for all sizes) (and in same size as main needle for sizes 1 & 2)
- Four stitch markers - one in a unique appearance
- Tapestry needle
- Waste yarn
Yarn Available In Store:
- Biches & Bûches Le Gros Lambswool
- Blue Sky Fibers Sweater
- Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok
- Brooklyn Tweed Tones
- Brooklyn Tweed Dapple (DK weight)
- Camellia Fiber Co. Organic Merino Worsted
- Camellia Fiber Co. Pepper Worsted
- John Arbon Yarnadelic Worsted
- Kelbourne Woolens Germantown Worsted
- Manos del Uruguay Maxima
- mYak Baby Yak Medium
- Neighborhood Fiber Co. Organic Studio Worsted
- Plied Yarns Penn Ave.
- The Farmer's Daughter Pishkun (Heavy DK/Light Worsted)
*10% off materials purchased at Knit Dallas for the class.
Sundays: October 8, 22, November 5, 19
Time – 1:30 - 3:30 pm
Call 214-758-0349 with questions. Class size limited to 8 participants.